Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Let's be Sophisticated!! - Pattern Dress from Work to School









Hello my beautiful friends,

First of all, I would like to thank you for all of you who visited my blogs, especially those of you who left comments. The audience and  comments truly motivate me to work harder on my blog. 

As you may or may not know, I have a full time office job. At the meantime, I am also a full time student. Hence, my outfit has to be appropriate for work but I also want to be stylish and comfortable in class. In order to fit my criteria, I decided to have a monochromatic outfit, and pair my pattern stripe dress with a black blazer. For those of you who are busy, you may put on your favorite dress and a blazer, I believe you will instantly look chic! I love the pattern of the dress because of its unique irregular stripes, it is similar to the tree trunks' pattern. You may see that the color saturation on the dress are different according to my gesture, it is because of the irregular stripes created depth and shadow when fabrics folded inward. This makes the dress even more interesting. 

To keep myself warm, I added a black blazer to go with the monochromatic look. After adding a blazer, it hided my waist line. In order to emphasize my waist line again, I simply added a silver skinny belt at the  thinnest part of my waist. And of course, if you know me, I have to roll up the sleeves to show off my accessories.

Since the outfit is plain, I wanted to bring focus to the shoes. Hence wore a pair of strapped lace-up black heels. The shoes definitely act as a statement piece to the outfit. Even though the shoes is pretty high (about 3"); however, it is comfortable because of the chunky heels. I didn't have any problems walking around at work and school (but I couldn't run.haha...)

At last, accessories!! I believe accessories are always more important than clothes because the details are what make different to the outfit. As usual, I wear my rings, watch and bracelets, but I chose silver tone accessories to match the monochromatic outfit.   For purse, I decided to go for brown to balance the cool monochromatic tone. Most importantly, my big brown purse can fits my school supplies and of course, my beloved camera!


Dress: Target (similar and chic here, here and here)
Blazer: Forever 21(similar and chic here and here)
Shoes: PLNDR (similar and chic here, here and here)

Accessories:
Turquoise Ring: Tillys 
The rest of the Rings: H&M
Bracelets: H&M
Watch: Ellesse (bought it in Hong Kong)
Purse: Steve Madden (similar and chic here and here )


Thank you!

Stay Foxy and Chic! Good Luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment