Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Fall Must Have - Moto Jacket and Gold Accessories -P.S. I am not perfect













Hi Love,

For this Fall season, I have a lot of must have; however, before spending money on new clothes, I dig into my closet and found my favorite Fall must have - moto jack and gold accessories.  I bought the moto jacket about three months ago, but never got a chance to wear it because it is too hot in Vegas. I love this pattern moto jacket that I am wearing due to its color combination of blue, white and black, which is the trendy color for this Fall season. Besides, I also love the interesting line movements on the jacket, the unique line pattern makes any kind of outfit have a casual chic feeling. To complement the cool color of the jacket, I chose some gold accessories. Since the jacket is loose and soft, I chose a loose pale pink top and tuck it into my pant to emphasize my waist line. Wearing a pair of skinny pant also helps balancingr the loose top and helps outline my "curvy" shape. For shoes, since it is still hot in Las Vegas, I take advantage of it and wear my current favorite spikes sandal from Forever21, the color combination of black and gold is amazing. 

Before I end the post, I would like to share some of my thoughts, even though I am not sure if people read my words. haha... Alright, so I am a new blogger and the reason why I started to blog is just because I want to share with people about my thoughts on fashion, design and makeup, it is that simple! However, even though I look confident in pictures, it takes quite a bit of time for me to start a blog, or maybe "put myself online" because of my insecurities. 

When I lived Hong Kong, I was teased by friends, teachers, coaches and family about of pear body shape. In fact, I knew I was not perfect, and I did not have a skinny figure that most asians carry. Hence, I wasn't angry about what those people say. I would jokes about my shape with those people and act like I don't care, but I would go home, shut the door and cry. There were days that I refused to eat or attempt to take dietary supplements, or sometimes I will overeat due to the constant criticism. 

After I moved to US about 2.5 years ago, I am still insecure but I changed gradually. People around me in US criticize me lesser, and encourage me more. They do not emphasize on size, but ones' ability, love and care. Therefore, my insecurities on my body shape start to relief. At this moment, I am still insecure about my body shape, but I am who I am, I just need to live healthy and love myself the way I am.  For those of you who are insecure about anything, you have to believe in yourself and overcome the insecurities. 

At last, I am not really good at expressing myself in words, but I hope at least one of you will read though and leave me a comment below. Thank you!


Jacket: Topshop (Sale -$60)
Top: Target (about $15)
Pant: Forever 21 
Shoes: Forever 21 


Stay Chic & Foxy
Follow me on Instagram @ingridchoi

2 comments: