Friday, October 4, 2013

Jennifer Lawrence Hair on Me - How to create romantic, sexy hair for fall (with tips)










Hi beautiful,

Braids is really popular for this fall, so I am looking for a lot for braid hair styles. One day, I came across Jennifer Lawrence's braids updo on Pinterest (which I love to call it "Spanish Braids" because it make me think of the Hispanic traditional dancers), I fell in love with her feminine unique hair style. The updo is fall appropriate, romantic and sexy. You can wear this hair on a casual day or during your romantic date. I was so fascinate by the updo and decided to recreate it. Here are the things you need and the steps:

Things you need:
-Curling Iron (I chose 1.5", because I want tighter curls, but this is optional, you may skip it if you have     naturally wavy hair)
-2 Elastics
-A handful of Bobby Pins

Steps:
  1. Curl your hair to an create volume. You may skip this step if you have naturally wavy hair
  2. Spray your hair to set the volume
  3. Put you fingers at the hair roots, shake it a little bit to create extra volume and texture. (tip: this method is same teasing your hair, but less damaging)
  4. Part you hair into two sections
  5. Then part your bangs how ever you want, and clip them up, we will style the bangs later
  6. Grab one part of your hair and start braiding them from the bottom, secure the braids with an elastic (tip: if you have shorter hair, you may start braiding at the level of your ear instead of the bottom)
  7. Repeat the same step for the other part of you hair. 
  8. When you are done with both section, wrap one braid on top on you head and secure it with bobby pins. (tip: I suggest to place the braid closer to your bang to hide the division line between the bang and the rest of your hair)
  9. After that, repeat the above step for the other braid, and hide the elastics under each braid, secure them with bobby pins
  10. Now work on your bangs
  11. Part your bang however you want. (tip: I part it at the center because it helps balancing the facial features and frame the face better to create a sexy romantic look)
  12. Use a 1.5" curling iron to curl them away from your face
  13. Since we are looking for a romantic, sexy look, you don't want to make you curl to tight
  14. Hold your curling iron for about 3-5 seconds, then release it
  15. To make you bang softer and more natural, run your fingers through the bang to loosen the curls
  16. Finished! 
I included a lot of pictures below for your reference, but I am sorry that I didn't have any picture of the back because all the pictures were taken by myself. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram @ingridchoi, bloglovin and facebook www.facebook.com/HiThisIsKai for more hair styling, makeup and outfit ideas. 

Thank you so much for reading.

P.S. I believe everyone should take some good rest sometimes because tomorrow is going to be a better day. This thought came across me this morning. I was frustrated and disappointed at myself because this post wasn't finished last night after class at 10:30pm. My energy won't keep me up and I fell asleep half way thought this post. However, I realized I was more energized this morning, and pursue me to be more productive. So every one who are busy should take some rest, because tomorrow is going to a better day and you will be more productive and go further than your expected.


4 comments:

  1. This is a really pretty look. I just wish my hair was a little bit longer so I could do it. haha

    kellyhallman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly, thank you for your comment. How short is your hair? If your hair reaches your shoulder, you will still be able to achieve the hair style, just start braiding your hair at a hight position of your head instead of at bottom part of your head. I hope my tips helps! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Such nice braids! Love it. I can nvr seem to do it...Fat clumsy fingers.hahaha.
    Btw, ur so pretty..loving all ur pics!

    Love,
    Ker Yi
    keryicanboleh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for you sweet comment. I am going to record a video in the future post to share with people on how to achieve the makeup or certain hair styles, so it is easier for viewers to understand. By the way, I love your blog and your name "Ker Yi"!!

      Delete