Sunday, October 20, 2013

THE ULTIMATE OUTFIT FOR YOUR CURVE



It was cold, so I wore a cream cardigan and black blazer to keep warm. I forgot where the cardigan was from but the blazer was from Old Navy.


Everyone should have a black dress in their closet, it is the ultimate piece to dress your curve. 

Why?

Black recedes in vision, which helps hide the curve and flatter your body. So I have a lot of black items in my closet. 

About a month ago, H&M had a sale and I picked up the black dress for $20. You might not be able to see in the picture, the dress actually has some lace details and layering at the bottom, which brings a Boho style to the dress.  Such black dress is great for school because I can just throw it on without thinking a lot about mix and match. To add a little spice to the black dress, I added my favorite vintage gold belt that I thrifted. Instead of wearing a black leggings, I chose a burgundy color leggings from Forever 21 to add some Autumn elements to the outfit and make the outfit more interesting. 

By the way, Forever 21 leggings are really comfortable(surprise!). They fit really well for my curvy legs, plus they are really affordable too. I got them half price for about $2.80. Who can beat that price? 

To elongate my legs, I chose a pair of black wedges to match with my black outfit. The mesh details of the wedges let the burgundy color peaks through and bring unity to the outfit. For accessories, as usual, I went with gold because I adore the black and gold theme. 

School has been pretty busy lately, a lot of brainstorming and sketches have to be done. Sometimes, I got super stuck on coming up with new ideas, I would go for a walk, eat or simply watch videos or go to Target. Besides, it is competitive at school, which I love because competitions help you to improve. However, I would feel low when I wasn't as good as others sometimes. I knew I just got into the graphic design industries, I need to gain more knowledge through experiences. Hence, I would work harder and learn more from others. Most importantly, I have to "Believe in my design". 

Have a nice day!

Dress: H&M (sale)
Belt: Thrifted
Leggings: Forever 21 (sale) 
Shoes: Forever 21
Watch: bough it at a wholesale convention
Bracelet and Bangles: H&M
Bow ring: Forever 21
Pattern ring: H&M

Thank you!

Work hard and stay chic!

No comments:

Post a Comment